Love Hedon is commited to only offering 100% body-safe products. We research each and every product to ensure the highest quality for all our Loves.
This guide explains exactly why body-safe products are so important and how to be an expert at spotting high quality products no matter the price tag.
A sex toy is body-safe if:
- It can be cleaned. If a toy is porous it can never truly be cleaned. Bacteria from body fluids can easily remain in the “pores” and cause irritation after repeated use. It is best to use porous toys for solo-play only!
- It’s not toxic. A lot of sex toys on the market contain harmful materials, such as phthalates, that are linked to cancer and even reproductive issues. HEDON is a phthalate-free company.
A lube is body-safe if:
- It doesn’t cause irritation. Some lubes contain glycerin, an agent that helps facilitate the growth of yeast and bacteria. If you are prone to yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis, then it is best to avoid lubes that contain glycerin. Glycerin is not a necessary ingredient to make lube, so HEDON offers only glycerin-free products.
- It’s not toxic. Many lubes on the market contain parabens which have been linked to breast cancer. We are also a paraben-free company.
These are the only body-safe materials we carry.
- Silicone is like the best of the best when it comes to materials. It is the only body-safe material that can be soft, silky and flexible which makes it so enjoyable. Silicone sex toys come in all different levels of firmness, varying from super-soft to fairly firm. It is durable, retains body heat, and is hypoallergenic. Nonporous, so easy clean up with warm water and mild soap. These toys CAN NOT be paired with silicone based lube. Silicone lube + silicone toy = broken down surface aka a now damaged toy. Water-based lube is best.
- ABS plastic is a type of hard plastic that’s rigid and chemically stable. It’s commonly used in body-safe vibrating toys, like bullets for pinpoint stimulation. Toys made of this material is super easy to clean. Just do not boil these toys or they’ll denature. Best paired with water-based, silicone or oil-based lube.
- Glass is pretty, nonporous, super easy to clean, and can be used in temperature play just heat in warm or cold water. Borosilicate glass is the type most commonly used in sex toys. Glass toys are weighty and rigid. It’s a durable material but can chip. Once chipped, it should no longer be used as a sex toy. Compatible with all lubes and can be easily cleaned.
- Stainless steel toys can are smooth and weighty. They are super safe when made of high-quality, properly finished metals. Metal toys are compatible with any lube and are great for temperature play. You can clean these toys by boiling or washing with soap.